04-02-2019 05:32 PM
04-02-2019 05:32 PM
While using the Teams, the chat icon disappeared, and all users in my company were left with no access to this feature.
I believe some parameter was lost. I need help adjusting my environment.
Does anyone know how to adjust?
04-02-2019 06:12 PM
04-02-2019 09:33 PMSolution
04-04-2019 12:18 AM
@adam deltinger @Emenezes Almost 3 days now and we still have not heard anything from MS. Latest update was that they have gathered logs and all the info and they would look into it, and then now 3 days have past and just total silence.
Its almost like a one-way communication I can only e-mail them not call.
My customer is very unhappy they use the Chat function on meetings so they need it, and they are postpone meetings to wait for a solution.
So many problems with Teams I wish they would wait till it was more mature..
04-11-2019 06:23 PM
This happened to us today too. Around 3:30PM PST April 11, 2019. If this is a Microsoft Wide outage, can anyone get in touch with Microsoft Teams team to get this fixed? I have other teams accounts and those are not affected.
04-11-2019 09:24 PM
Hi@adam deltinger and everyone.
Found a work around and I hope it will work with everyone.
1. Went to admin.teams.microsoft.com.
2. Logged with admin credentials.
3. Click on USERS -> (Select a user to try this. In my case, I used my account to test it.)
4. On the bottom right side, you will see a header TEAMS UPGRADE. Next to it is EDIT. Click on Edit
5. You will get a COEXISTENCE MODE. I selected ISLANDS (which means users can use both skype for business and teams apps.). Click Save.
6. Click on Messaging Policies.
7. Create a New Policy
8. Select all the default of that policy and put a description.
9. Click Save
10. Go back to Users -> (account you were testing)
11. Go to Assigned Policies -> Next to it is Edit. Click Edit
12. On messaging policy, Select the new policy you just created.
13. Click save.
14. Log out of your teams app.
15. Wait 1-2 hours for the settings to work. and I'm back online.
04-11-2019 11:27 PM
Some tenants are affected but far from everyone. Ours got fixed but I don't if MS did anything. After I updated the case with MS to let them know it worked again they just said they would keep the ticket open to verify it kept working. It was open for almost 2 days to monitor, and then we agreed to close.
For this specific tenant I have put in a request for rollback to SfB in Island Mode with Teams, because this tenant is new and thus MS has made it Teams Only! but they have had a horde of issues with Teams so we hope to get Skype back for them. However, reportedly Skype will be removed again after 3 months.