Temas status on Outlook 365

Copper Contributor

HI, people!!

I have a problem with Outlook. After an automatic Teams upgrading, Oulook don't shows Teams status beside contact name. I reinstalled Outlook and Teams many times. Teams add-in is working on Outlook. And also Teams is registered for Outlook. Can you help me?

8 Replies
assume Skype for business is installed locally still? That still has dependencies in order for it to work in Outlook. Also the upgrade. Need to make sure everyone is set into Teams only mode for it to also work. Although That’s probabaly the case here. If both those are true then there is a registry key you can check but I have to look it up. Report back with the above.

@Chris Webb. This is a fresh installation. I had installed all OS and different software, including Outlook and Teams. Everything was looking fine. But, Teams launched an upgrade, and this feature don't works.

Install Skype for Business if it’s. Clean Install it’s required.

Try this:

Thanks @Tony Derricott! BUt I checked this feature previously, many times. Trying checking and unchecking, and the proble remains the same. 

Hi! I did that, and the problem remains the same. Thanks!

@Lexius86 

If the presence indicator is showing up gray in Outlook, this issue could be related to the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IM Providers
(http://cmcgreanor.wordpress.com/2012/05/16/no-presence-when-using-lync-in-outlook-2010/)

1. Edit the “DefaultIMApp” value to reflect “Lync” without quotes.
  2. Once this is done exit Outlook and then open.
  3. Presence will now work.​
Hi.

The key shown "Teams". I replaced it to Lync, but, when I start Teams, the key automatically changes to Teams again.

Thanks for your help.