TeamsOnly users appear offline into Skype for business users

Copper Contributor

Hello,

When upgrade users to TeamsOnly mode, All users still homed onpremise can see the upgraded users to TeamsOnly offline, however chat, call, share worked, but the presence is offline.

Thanks,

10 Replies
Hm! I thought unified presence wasn’t available for on premises users? Did this work prior to teams-only mode?
My guess is that it was picking up the Skype clients presence and since moving to Teams-only this is no longer the case

@adam deltinger  Currently we have users with skype onpremise and users with teamsonly, and even pgrade all users to teamsonly, the issue is still with the external (federated) Skype users. 

All Skype users internal and external (federated) see users with teamsonly policy Offline!

Are the federales skypenusers on prem too?

Yes @adam deltinger 

The issue with Onprem Skype users.

Yes, no presence if you are homed on-prem. You have to be hybrid homed in Skype Online in order to get presence from Teams.
Alright, as I suspected! Your choice is to set up Skype as hybrid and move users online

@Chris Webb @adam deltinger  Please be noted that presence is working fine now with Lync onprem users. Nothing done from myside, maybe Microsoft or it was take time to work!

who are you sorry