Teams

Super Contributor

Hello Teams Community,

Please i need your help on this issue.

In Mid-February I was doing a bit of tidying up of a Teams Team, its Channels, and respective filing.

I was basically moving files and folders from various Channels in the Team and moving them to the General Channels filing. After each channel was cleared of its filing the respective channels were deleted.

This I thought was successful but when I went to look for various files last week I found various files to be missing despite me moving them all.

I have since then endeavoured to reverse the process by restoring the deleted channels on Teams and restoring deleted files and folders from the respective Sharepoint Recyling bin. The various documents still seem to be missing however.

I had a search around various community blogs where I see others seem to have experienced such issues but no solution has been found.

I am currently having to find various files from colleagues personal filing, email trails and various Teams Chat feeds. However this is both time consuming and we can not assume those version are up to date, that is even if we find them.

I hope this explains my concerns, fears and frustrations better.

1 Reply

@IBN 

Since the community has not yet responded to your post, you might want to seek assistance with other resources that are focused on tech support:

• Ask your IT manager to open a support case or call Microsoft using the support line you were given.  Other options for business subscription admins are listed here:

Get support | Microsoft Docs

https://support.serviceshub.microsoft.com/supportforbusiness/create