Teams windows app stops responding after opening

Copper Contributor

MS Teams frequently freezes as soon as I open the windows app of it. It doesn't have any sign-in issue like others but it stops responding just after launching the app. I tried clearing the cache but it didn't work. I also tried opening as an administrator but didn't work. Finally, I reinstalled the app but sadly the problem didn't fade away. The web version of teams is working fine but the problem arises when I work on the desktop app of teams. 

The main problem is that whenever I try to launch the app on my windows 10 machine it stops responding after a few seconds. I have provided a screenshot of that.

4 Replies
Try disabling the GPU hardware acceleration and/or update your graphics drivers. Since you deleted all cache and did a reinstall action it seems like this is a non Teams issue.

Adam

@adam deltinger I frequently update my graphics driver so I guess there is nothing wrong about the graphics drivers. But yes I will try by, disabling graphics acceleration

Thanks

Hey there @adam deltinger 
I have updated the graphics driver + turned off the GPU acceleration but still, the problem is occurring.
I've even reset my entire pc but didn't work 

Hello @aacfahim

Perhaps there is a compatibility issue. I will be glad to help you out. 

1. Right-click on Microsoft Teams and select Properties. 
  2. Select the Compatibility tab, then check the box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
  3. Select the version of Windows to use for your app's settings in the dropdown box. (I recommend Windows 7)

Hope it will help you. 

Thank you & Stay Safe

Suvindu