Teams window does not minimize using Fedora with i3 windows manager

Copper Contributor

I am using Teams on Fedora 30 with the i3 windows manager (https://i3wm.org/ ). The Teams window does not behave well when trying to minimizing it (in particular if the 'on close keep the application running' option is enabled). Trying to close or minimize it does not do anything and the window stays in position.

2 Replies

I'm seeing the same behaviour on Arch Linux with i3.

With the default "On close, keep the application running" setting, the maximize, minimize, and close buttons are ignored entirely. I also can't close the window via i3's own shortcut keys. The only way to close the window is to quit Teams via right-clicking the system tray icon.

If I deselect "On close, keep the application running" then I can close the window via the close button or via i3's shortcuts, but that quits Teams entirely.

What I really want is to be able to close the window and have just the system tray icon.

I reproduced @josswrights same scenario on Manjaro/Arch linux with i3 window manager. "On close, keep the application running" allows the window to be closed. So its not possible to close the window and having it running in the background.