Teams will not start on fresh install.

Copper Contributor

Teams has been unable to launch with out crashing to the glitch. Even on a fresh install. I cannot get the program to launch successfully. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times and have been having on again off again issues for a week. This morning it has just completely bricked.

Windows 10 64 bit

Crash.PNG

6 Replies

Hi @PurpleSupply ,

Had a quick look at the logs and can confirm that I have same version numbers and do not have that type of issue.

Does it crash when say trying to start a video call or a particular action within Teams?

Does it work fine via the Web version at: Teams.Microsoft.com

Thanks

Henry

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech 
I cannot even get into the app to try a call. It crashes during the start up process.

Web version appears to be functioning well.

@PurpleSupply 

Ah OK, does anything meaningful get logged in the event logs. So if you go to start > run > eventvwr?

Also what installation media did you use? Not that it should make a difference but I am intrigued as to whether it was Teams that comes bundled with Office ProPlus or just the straight download that you would get the option to download and install if going to Teams.Microsoft.com?

Also when you uninstalled, did you clear out the Teams app data locations before reinstalling?

Thanks

Henry

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech 
Here is the error that is hitting the log
Faulting application name: Teams.exe, version: 1.3.0.21759, time stamp: 0x5f0886a9
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.488, time stamp: 0x5b4a3325
Exception code: 0xc0000602

I have been using the installer directly from the website. 

I did not clean out the app data location. If I were to do this which folder should be deleted?

@PurpleSupply 

I would look to something like this: https://www.onmsft.com/how-to/how-to-clear-your-microsoft-teams-cache-on-windows-10#:~:text=Quit%20M...

And the link within that says how to completely uninstall Microsoft Teams.

Thanks

Henry

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech

Unfortunately no luck there. I cleaned it all out and reinstalled and it still crashes on start up.