Teams (website version) emailing notifications "Teammates are trying to reach you" at 2:11am!

Copper Contributor

I use Teams when on call, so I had my phone set to audio ON, and I read (not Missed) a posted Teams message at 7pm, but THEN at 2:11am (!) I get an obnoxious email that "Your teammates are trying to reach you in Microsoft Teams", and its that same message. I already read it, it was among others in a thread, had not mentioned my name, and I am angry it happened as the timing is terrible and feels like a advertisement for the app. I went into Team Settings> Notifications> Other> Missed activity emails and set to Off. Will that stop these unsolicited email notifications, or is it another setting? It was NOT a personal mention, but I do have Messages> Followed channels set to Banner and email

and if it falls under that criteria, it wasn't actually "Missed". Did I set it right?

2 Replies
There has been a bug going around where messages that should have been sent out when they did don't go out for hours later, so you will read something then get the notification later. I thought they fixed this but apparently not. I turned off e-mail notifications because of it.
Yeah, I cannot turn email off, unless the Notification I adjusted did it for me. It took 20 minutes to get an email notification that you posted here, and I had already read that, too.