SOLVED

Teams Webinars Email Invitation goes to spam

Iron Contributor

We are starting to Use teams Webinars internally.

• We have created the webinar - all good
  • Sent the invites (with registration link) - all good
  • Customers and internal clients get an email notification when they register from ,email address removed for privacy reasons> which goes into users spam/junk - NOT GOOD

Without asking every customer to add this to safe lists etc, is there a way to make this come from an address that is not detected as Spam?

Anyone else got advice on this one?

Thanks.

4 Replies
best response confirmed by RobQ_MVP (Iron Contributor)
Solution
You may want to check your DKIM records and make sure they are set up correctly.
Also check to see if you are on any black lists.
And most importantly, does your seminar invite look like spam?
Remember, it may not look like spam to you, but it may be someone elses explicit definition of spam

We have the same issue. It has nothing to do with the webinar email - its the "From" address that Teams sends registration confirmations with. It's about as spammy as it gets. This is a MAJOR issue. Is there a ticketing system where we can submit this as something to be addressed? Teams webinars are rendered useless if our registration info goes straight to the junk folder in Outlook. (Oddly it doesn't get filtered with gmail - you'd think Microsoft apps would work a little more seamlessly together) PLEASE HELP

@RobQ_MVP 

After escelating this problem to Microsoft they reported that they fixed this in their backend.

I don't know if this appends to every tenant, but for mine it's fixed. Teams webinar e-mails are not marked as spam or quarantined anymore.

This isnt fixed - ive just created a webinar from my company 0365 account. As a test i registered with my personal hotmail and its gone into spam - the source email is

"noreply at mycompanynameltd.s05.eur1.teams-events.com"

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by RobQ_MVP (Iron Contributor)
Solution
You may want to check your DKIM records and make sure they are set up correctly.
Also check to see if you are on any black lists.
And most importantly, does your seminar invite look like spam?
Remember, it may not look like spam to you, but it may be someone elses explicit definition of spam

View solution in original post