SOLVED

Teams vs. Zoom

Bronze Contributor

We are doing remote interviewing and some of our people want to use Zoom because "everybody has zoom and most people don't have Teams."

I think there is now a free version of Teams and/or maybe people can connect thru a browser. Can anyone share experience in doing one off video chats with people who have no affiliation to our company (i.e., we don't want to make them Guests).

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Rob O'Keefe (Bronze Contributor)
Solution

@Rob O'Keefe 

You can send meeting invites to people outside your organization and they can join with any client (all of which are free downloads) or via the web using Chrome or Edge browsers.  Voice and webcam works just fine this way.  

@Matthew Frahm 

Thanks for the quick answer! For some reason we had trouble with Skype for Business, but in testing Teams was really easy. I tested with someone and they downloaded a Mac client with no issues. I think MSFT is missing a big opportunity to let people know about this. It always seems like Teams is "within the enterprise."

Thanks!

@Rob O'Keefe 

Teams is becoming ready for prime time and is already, in several respects.  For those just starting to get value out of their Office 365 subscriptions, I think it's a great value.

We're using this tool with our clients and it has pretty much replaced GoToMeeting, saving us $$$.  

a Zoom feature I miss is the ability to show all participants as a Grid, hopefully that is coming Microsoft?!

@Rob O'Keefe Just thought I'd jump in to see if my recent blog post would help your "everybody uses Zoom" quandary.

When they do, but you don't, I detailed a few ways to can connect Zoom and Teams here: https://dispatch.m.io/connect-microsoft-teams-zoom/

(Disclaimer: one of the solutions is Mio, the company I work for).

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rob O'Keefe (Bronze Contributor)
Solution

@Rob O'Keefe 

You can send meeting invites to people outside your organization and they can join with any client (all of which are free downloads) or via the web using Chrome or Edge browsers.  Voice and webcam works just fine this way.  

View solution in original post