Teams Voice - Transfer Drop (Direct Routing)

Copper Contributor

Having an issue with Teams voice where if someone calls in and the user goes to transfer the call, the call drops even before you can select the user you want to transfer to.

Have also noticed that if a user within the business dials another users PSTN number it also drops straight away.

Using SBC Voice Route from Gamma so can't configure anything as static setup from them.

MS Support and Gamma support blaming each other, me stuck in the middle.

4 Replies

@dmenlinea 

As you're using Direct Routing, it's likely to be the other thing in the middle!(not you) but the SBC.

Presumably users are only having issues with PSTN capability. Peer to peer calls are OK?

Was the SBC something you configured or deployed?  Or a partner?

Settings can vary depending on vendor but I would check the vendor documentation. Most of them have installation and configuration docs for Teams direct routing.

Good luck.

@dmenlinea We are having this issue aswell as people calling in and geeting a dead line only to call and it working.

Gammas core oracle SBC is at fault, its taken 2 months of tryign to get them to sort it tot he point im looking to move to call plans and direct with MS.

Gamma have really made a hash of things here

@aprieto Yeah, we finally got it sorted. Had to plead with Gamma to take it seriously and they have and fixed it (Approx Fix date 16/07). They said it was fixed for all tenants now so hopefully the end of it. Let me know if you still have issue as would be interesting to know if anyone else having the issue still.

Gammas default response seems to be its a Microsoft issue and yes there may be fault at MS end but providers need to work together especially when end clients have no access to the SBC to see whats going on or make changes.

More responsibility for products would be nice.

I was lucky we have a good account manager and we managed to get a guy who knew what he was talking about but still needed a good push to sort out!

Still ongoing for us, main issues is people calling in, but only in the last week we’ve had the transfer problem, from what I gather there’s a few more customers with the same issue, so I’d be checking the call manager and see if there are multiple calls from the same phone number because they are getting a dead line