Teams Video Pop Out Disappearing During Screen Share

Copper Contributor

Hi,

When sharing my screen or individual window on Teams Desktop, I used to be able to have the video pop-out that showed the at least one video feed as well as the options for hiding/showing video, muting/unmuting, etc. However, now when I leave my window to look at another chat, or even the chat with that group, the pop-out video disappears and I cannot seem to get it back.

This is a relatively new problem that other members of my company have expressed also. Is there something that must be done to make the pop-out menu persist? Thank you for your response.

2 Replies

@Jac_Tibb_257  I've encountered the same situation, albeit in a different fashion. When I click on the chat, the video disappears. I can still hear my contacts but I can't see them and there does not seem to be an option to bring it back. 

The only quick fix I have found while looking for the answer is to minimize Teams and maximize it again. Then I have video again. Hope it helps.

@Jac_Tibb_257 One of my students is having this issue as well. When they minimize teams the picture in picture box disappears. If they click on the window from the task bar it reappears, but then minimizes again when they click on a window. This all happens when they share their screen; they need to be able to see me since I give visual aide (I teach special education).