SOLVED

Teams video - Other users video not showing - macOS

Copper Contributor

I'm having a very odd issue with Teams on macOS (10.15.5).

After a few video calls with colleagues which work fine, video stops working in the large window. 

If I minimise the window by clicking chat or Teams, the other person is visible once again, but only in the small window. If I click on the small video window to make it large again, it just displays their profile picture. 

Randomly, if I try to then add other people to the meeting, the video starts again. 

It's really frustrating...

I've uninstalled Teams, cleared the cache and reinstalled, but the same issue persists. 

Does anyone else have this issue?

17 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Mark Allford - Hi Mark, if you are able to report a problem by clicking on the lower left hand side of the Teams client (looks like a question mark), we'll be notified of the issue.  If you'd like to troubleshoot, you can go to answers.microsoft.com and they'll have a look at your logs to see what might be the problem.  That behavior is certainly not normal.  

@Mark Allford 

I have exactly the same issue..

• When I initiate a direct call, video is not showing in big screen (exactly it is showing in the small screen when minimize)
  • When I receive a direct call, video is working fine (both in small en big screen)
  • When I start a ad hoc meeting first and invite other attendee(s), video is working fine (both in small en big screen)
  • When I join an existing meeting, video is working fine (both in small en big screen)

Do you found a solution in the meantime?

Thx! Regards,

Erik

@ErikvBueren Afraid not. Still, the same issue, although, I'm on an iMac (late 2013) and the issue doesn't happen on my MacBook (late 2019).

@Mark Allford I have the exact same issue and it's been going on for months now. Several users from my company have the same issue and are very frustrated. We're ready to drop Teams because no resolution has come to us. Our IT department is working with Microsoft.

For the time being I gave up and I am using different apps.

@TrueVideo for me, it's not about dropping Teams all together, as the benefits of the other features it has far outweighs not being able to see someone periodically.

I've tried disabling hardware acceleration as well, but to no avail.

@Mark Allford dropping Teams is temporary until Microsft solves the bug. Not seeing the other person on a video conferencing tool outweighs all other functionality. We have been testing on all kinds of Macs and we're also having similar problems on PCs. Just in the past week, 277 users reported the same issue in my company.

Still no solution on this?

I still have the same problem on my MacBook Pro Late 2013.

@TrueVideo 

Hi, I noticed exactly the same problems on my Mac. On Windows everything runs without problems. Does anyone already have a solution for the problem?

I am also struggling with some video tiles not showing. Sometimes up to 15 minutes then randomly comes back. 30 people on the call and randomly some video not showing.

@Mark Allford 

March 5th, 2021

Still no one has found an answer?  2500+ views and no solution?

I had to post for the first time because of this.

Macbook Pro 2015 with Big Sur 11.0.1 did the exact same thing after functioning normally since teams came out.

One on one calls were fine, add a user, and the videos would swap to just the avatars as many have indicated.  I do not know how or why this changed.

Solution:

1) Uninstalled teams completely

2) Download new teams

3) Installed again

Did a two person call, all fine, added a third?  Just perfect.

Hopefully this can help some of you who have been ignored and can't find a solution to this issue.

All the best, together we are stronger, divided we fall.  Share the love!

AN Alert just popped regarding this subject. This has been solved for months now. @JBoett 

I no longer have that problem. It's working flawlessly.
There is no solution on this page, where did you find a solution? Or did it just work itself out?
It just worked itself out. My guess is that Microsoft added the fix on one of their updates. There have also been some macOS updates, so don't know where the root of the problem was.
Yeah that's what is weird, a user had this problem happen yesterday, so it's still happening and they were 2015 macbook pro, big sur 11.0.1, just required an uninstall and reinstall. But no one in my support team had seen this problem before and we couldn't find a solution online for it. So I put one up above if anyone continues to experience it.

The issue still persists for me.

MS Teams version 1.4.00.22368.

On MacBook Pro 2017 (Big Sur 11.6)

On the big window no video's show, but when I minimise the screen, the small viewer window does show each individual speaker.

Reinstalling did not help.

:(

@Mark Allford 

I uninstalled TEAMS on mac and reinstalled it. Works for me for the past 1 week now. Hope this helps.

Suresh

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Mark Allford - Hi Mark, if you are able to report a problem by clicking on the lower left hand side of the Teams client (looks like a question mark), we'll be notified of the issue.  If you'd like to troubleshoot, you can go to answers.microsoft.com and they'll have a look at your logs to see what might be the problem.  That behavior is certainly not normal.  

View solution in original post