Teams video freeze

Copper Contributor

I have three computers that are being used by my children for Teams video meetings.  All three are using Acer Aspire 5 and have been updated with 8gb of ram.  Every once in awhile the video feed from the other users freezes but audio continues to work.  When the video freezes, I lose complete control of the computer.  I am unable to ctrl+alt+delete to try and end the process.  The only option is a hard reset.  The computers are brand new and most of the additional programs they don't need have been removed.  All other programs run flawlessly.

Computer specs

Windows 10S

Ryzen 3 with built in Vega graphics

8gb ram

2 Replies

Hello @Donnalleyd  I've seen this happen in Zoom as well - the solution I go to is to turn the video off, since it seems to affect the bandwidth strength.

There's also this if you're using a Windows 10 device: https://windows101tricks.com/webcam-freezes-windows-10/ 

I have the same issue. No other programs freeze my PC. This is not a result of resource exhaustion: Ryzen 3950X, 64GB DDR4, 2TB NVMe. All drivers, ASUS STRIX x570-e Bios, AMD Chipset, Windows 10, NIVDIA 1080 FE GPU, and O365 updates have been done numerous times. The more video participants, the more likely and rapidly the freeze occurs. I do not suffer this on Zoom, Slack, and other video collaboration platforms, all of which I use daily.