Teams Using Both Deskphone and Computer Audio

Copper Contributor

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I'm getting my feet wet with Teams.

I had a user and the President ask if there is a way for a leader to have a meeting using both computer audio and a desk phone on speaker and not have the feedback or echoing between the two forms of audio? A user will have a call with attendees mixed of laptop computers and called into a conference bridge.  They are having feedback and echoes between the two methods of  audio.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

4 Replies

Hi @Jeff Garrison You can link into the meeting and use computer audio, and call in using the phone but you can't have both devices' audio on - that's what's causing the feedback.  So you need to either turn off the computer audio or mute the phone.

@ThereseSolimeno   What do you do if you have a mix of both?  As the organizer, you would want to hear both sources of audio and have them interact with each other.  I understand what you are saying, but I'm playing the organizer's advocate.

Hi @Jeff Garrison  If I understand you correctly, you're saying you want the attendees to use both modes of audio - some will use the computer and some will call in, correct?  The feedback is caused when one attendee uses both, so in that case he/she needs to mute one of them.  The rest of the attendees can you whichever audio they like as long as they're not trying to listen with both computer and phone (I hope I understand what you're trying to express - I can't imagine why anyone would need to have both audio sources on at the same time when one should be sufficient).

@ThereseSolimeno  - No...you're are correct.  The attendees should only use one.  The organizer (and for that matter other attendees) should be able to hear both.  I think where the problem is, is that the organizer has to be able to hear both streams of audio, but they were getting feedback because they have both streams open so that the desk phone users can hear as well as the pc audio ones.  And the whole group can communicate no matter what source they are using (desk phone or computer mic/speakers).