Teams user agent chrome 66

Iron Contributor

My question is for Desktop App, We use cloud based proxy service provider which has a browser protection control feature to block older version of browsers for example blocking chrome browser till 71 and doing that also block Teams and Yammer and mat be other application from accessing internet as these application report as Chrome 66 user agents

"userAgent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Teams/1.2.00.34161 Chrome/66.0.3359.181 Electron/3.1.13 Safari/537.36",

if I check today the latest chrome version is 80, why Teams is still using 66 ? can this be upgraded or not ? and what the reason of using such an old version here ?

5 Replies

Hello @Chris Webb 

I am able to see the response here, its not at all visible ?

BR,

/HS

@Himanshu Singh 

Wasn't a response as much as a joke. Maybe cause I didn't put text with it. Anyway, to my knowledge you cannot change the agent string, but I'll pass the note along to the group and see if it might be something they just need to update in a build or something.

The photo was this, you would have to be a Star Wars fan to get it :p

darth-sidious-order-66.jpg

Chris this is a pretty serious issue. I have 15,000 Teams users and Microsoft’s lack of understanding of this issue and their use of archaic user agent strings is impacting my business operations.

I am now working on shutting off Teams features as a result of this. The user agent string data also has security implications and corporate reputational impacts.

This needs to be fixed quickly.

Even Iam looking for the progress on this topic.This is an Teams security related concerns in many organisations.