Teams toast not resolving contact details

Copper Contributor

Ok, contacts are created in each staffs mailbox contact directory. Correctly formatted for external clients telephone number. They sync into teams correctly and show in calls > contacts. Seemingly no issue there.

If I dial an individual staff member over telephony (from mobile) using their assigned telephone number the call toast resolves the calling contact and displays the name. Our external clients don't call individuals however....

If I call the auto attendant when the call routes to the call group the toast for the staff member displays the telephone number and "unknown user". As soon as the call is picked up the title at the top of the call shows who is calling. Unfortunately that's too late.

This was working fine and has just stopped working with no changes that we can think of (Teams/Exchange are both Office 365).  No license/configuration changes, not even any teams/office updates we can think off. 

Now, no-one knows who to pick up for. Any suggestions as this is just wrecking our phone system and I've exhausted what Google has to offer...

9 Replies
Same issue here. Very anoying for any company with a sales department.

@NickSheppard 

Same issue for us. Was working fine up until a week or two ago. Must be on Microsoft's end.

Update - Have support ticket opened with Microsoft (for 9 days now with no result).

If its on a small scale and you don't mind paying for another phone system license and calling plan we created a crappy workaround:

1. Create a new user and assign them the phone system license and calling plan. Assign a phone number in teams admin. Chose user name that is very similar to call queue name
2. Adjust the teams auto attendant to go not to a call queue but to the user created in (1)
3. Login to teams as the user, add staff members as delegates and set account to call all delegates for 60 seconds

Now when call comes in it goes to the user then dials other staff. When that happens the contact resolves (the toast prompt displays "Transfered by xxxxxxxxxxxx'). Where xxxxxxxx is the name of the account in (1) - hence the reason for choosing a similar name to call queue.

Far from ideal but did at least get calls resolving on our main auto attendant pick (we don't have a complex AA or large staff numbers, I appreciate others will be in a different situation).

I suspect there's something screwy going on with the call queues, maybe not passing numbers correctly in E164 format. Incidentally if we try setting a call queue to direct to voicemail we get an error message that the region is set incorrectly (which it absolutely is not)
After assorted testing and logs from teams, our support ticket got the following back today.

"Thanks for the email. There were no issues identified in the logs. However, we were able to replicate the issue and seems to be a bug. We are involving the Product teams and as soon as I have an update from them"

Hopefully resolved soon for us and others
Hi Nick, thank you for making the ticket and for the update!! You the man (especially for working today ^^).
We tried the delegate workaround but it didn't work for us :loudly_crying_face:. Hopefully Microsoft will fix this issue soon.

@sunssc 

From Microsoft:

Thanks for your patience. Product team has identified it as a bug and confirmed that the fix will be released in Q1 - 2022 with the other fixes. 

So could be another four months. :(

Hmm. Well with a possible four months delay we're going to have to implement our crappy (and expensive) workaround. Assuming it all works, I'll check off against the notes I put in above and make sure nothing was missed. Not sure why it would work for us and not yourself. If I find anything I'll update.

Reading back through I see that I did miss that the "user" created to bounce calls through will need a teams license, I had a spare E3 license so gave them that and made sure teams was active in the licensing > apps section in office 365. Hopefully in your test setup you did that anyway but just at a glance I can see I missed that bit out. 

Was this ever resolved? We still seem to have this issue. 

Thanks

Jamie

We still seem to have this issue, if this ever was resolved it is now back.