Teams: Title v. General Channel

Copper Contributor

No matter how many times I make this mistake, I continue to have the same behavior.

When I'm in Team A and want to switch to Team B, I will click on the title "Team B" rather than the General channel underneath Team B.  Surely everyone knows what happens next, "Team B" collapses and I stay on Team A.  Now I have to re-click "Team A" to expand it, then click General underneath it.  The result is 3 clicks instead of 1 and a very frustrating few seconds.

Is there a way to change it so this behavior doesn't happen?  I want to see the General channel (or perhaps the last channel I was in within that particular Team) when I click on the Team title.  Don't collapse the team, just take me there.

3 Replies
Nope, no way to change this behavior!! I feel you though! I live and breathe Teams and do this mistake daily:face_with_tears_of_joy:
I may also recommend using the command bar at the top to get to channels directly! Just type the first letters of the name and press enter
/goto command works well, once you use it, it'll be there to just click, and it usually shows up your recent Teams to switch to which drop in general..