Teams Status

Copper Contributor

I'm sure this has been brought up here before but I find that the status or "availability" in teams to be wholly inaccurate. Teams repeatedly marks me as away or offline while working on my computer... with the application open and displayed on my desktop. I have no problem with being shown away according to Team's definitions but for the average person or company "away" means you are unavailable or not working. This is an issue because I am always available.

Is there a way to disable this automatic feature as is the case with skype and all other similar applications? Thanks.

This is similar to: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/teams-status-issues/m-p/1825012

2 Replies

@JLIN_T Which upgrade mode are you set to? Islands, SfB or Teams Only, I think that presence detection of away only works fully when in Teams Only and Teams becomes the operating systems presence provider.

We are set to Teams Only. I am gathering from other sources that there currently is no way to change status settings. It would be great if this could be added as an option for at least the organizational admin to choose what permissions end users have.
I am just tired of hearing "I saw that you were away (or offline) on Teams, so I asked someone else"; which directly impacts my pay.