Teams sound cutting out every time i receive an email on outlook

Copper Contributor

Whenever I receive an inbound email on Outlook, my sound cuts out on team calls. I have confirmed It is not an internet issue and there are no sounds on for emails inbound. What could cause this issue and how do I resolve it? 

5 Replies

Hi @raeanne,

If your sound cuts out on Microsoft Teams calls whenever you receive an inbound email on Outlook, there could be a few potential causes for this issue. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem:

1. Check sound settings in Teams: Open Teams and go to "Settings" by clicking on your profile picture. Verify that your speaker and microphone settings are configured correctly. Ensure that the correct audio devices are selected, and the volume levels are appropriate.

2. Update audio drivers: Outdated or incompatible audio drivers can cause conflicts and disruptions. Visit the website of your computer's manufacturer or the audio device manufacturer to download and install the latest drivers for your sound card or audio device.

3. Disable sound notifications in Outlook: Although you mentioned that there are no sounds enabled for inbound emails, it's worth double-checking the notification settings in Outlook. Open Outlook and navigate to "File" > "Options" > "Mail" > "Message arrival." Make sure the "Play a sound" option is unchecked.

4. Disable other notification sounds: Some other applications or system settings might be causing the sound interruption. Check the notification settings of other applications running on your computer and disable any sound notifications that might be conflicting with Teams calls.

5. Restart your computer: A simple restart can sometimes resolve temporary glitches or conflicts between applications and drivers. Restart your computer and see if the issue persists.

6. Try using a different audio device: If possible, test with a different headset or speaker to rule out any hardware-related issues with your current audio device.

7. Update Microsoft Teams and Outlook: Ensure that you have the latest versions of both Microsoft Teams and Outlook installed. Updates often include bug fixes and performance improvements that can address issues like this.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved

If you like my response, please give it a Like :smile:

Appreciate your Kudos! Proud to contribute! :)

Same here.
It had not this problem on the old-teams nor the previous versions of new-teams (from two weeks for example).
I cannot mute all other applications to do not "disturb" teams calls. And it is very anoying because you stop listen/speak (mute) in a call for a few seconds (perhaps 6 or 8 seconds).

I have this issue too.

I have found if you disable the sound/ notifications in Microsoft it stops it but that defeats the purpose of using the application. 

Thanks for this confirmation@raeanne.  what you disable was in Outlook Mail?