Teams sign in with Google account

Copper Contributor

Hello,

We are setting up guest access for MS Teams. The requirements from our security officer is that only admins can add guest. We achieve this by the Azure AD (Organization relationship) setting “Members can invite” to No. We creating new guest in the Azure AD portal. For Google accounts we setup the Google federation. For non Microsoft account we use the One-Time Passcode feature.
this setup is working fine.

When the account is created (in Azure AD) it can be added as a guest member in Teams. The Guest users get’s a Teams invite by mail. The problem I run into is the following. When a invited user clicks on the invite link in the mail they get a authentication screen they use there Google account for signing in When you press next there appears an error message:
We couldn't find an account with that username. If you were invited to use this app, sign in with a one-time code sent to your email.

Error Sigin_Google Account.png

When I set Azure AD (Organization relationship) setting “Members can invite” to Yes. Every think is working fine. The Teams invite link brings me to Teams and I can logon with my Google account and password.

What can I do to solve this problem. Our security department demands that we use creating guest by Admins/guest inviter role.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards
Finn

4 Replies

@Finn_Hollesund Hello Finn, to be honest I don't know. But out of curiosity. How's the invitation scenario look like when inviting from an M365 group?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-dependencies

*edit* Just want to let you know I stumbled across this https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/34903765-limit-guest-invitatio... 

You could ask @elisol on twitter. She's a Microsoft AAD b2b guru
Good good
Yes , I am also able to reproduce the same
let me know if anything needed , as i have already collected a lot of information