SOLVED

Teams Shifts OffShift message - No notification

Iron Contributor

Hello,

We are trying to set up our Firstline Workers using Teams Shifts. I have created the policy for OffShift Message using the default settings just to see if a notification pops up telling the user they are Off shift and there is no message.

Manage shift-based access for Firstline Workers in Teams - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs

I really want to use a custom message, but there was notification for that one either.

I have created the policy and granted this to the test user.

I have a shift created, that works great on the handheld android tablet and when I change the shifts the user gets notified.

Has anyone gotten the OffShift message to work? If yes, how?

Thanks,

Denise

2 Replies
best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution

@Denise Child 

Hi Denise, did you build your powershell command based on this article?

New-CsTeamsShiftsPolicy (MicrosoftTeamsPowerShell) | Microsoft Docs

The powershell command would look something like this

New-CsTeamsShiftsPolicy -Identity OffShiftAccessMessage1Always -EnableShiftPresence $true -ShiftNoticeFrequency always -ShiftNoticeMessageType CustomMessage -ShiftNoticeMessageCustom This is my custom message -AccessType UnrestrictedAccess_TeamsApp -AccessGracePeriodMinutes 5

Note with custom message -ShiftNoticeMessageType is CustomMessage

Also note that you have to add another cmd called -ShiftNoticeMessageCustom with your message

If that doesn't work, and you are not seeing it, then I would raise a ticket to Microsoft to look into why it isn't applying. Once resolved, they should need to update the docs article

Hope that helps to answer your question 

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard  I am able to see the default message on the tablet now. I have not looked at this since I posted this message.

I'm switching to the custom message and do have the correct settings from the Microsoft article you reference.

Not sure how long it takes to update, but I will keep checking. I have shutdown and logged off a couple times. It is still showing the default message in Teams.

I followed the instructions to remove the default message policy after assigning the new custom message policy.

Denise

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution

@Denise Child 

Hi Denise, did you build your powershell command based on this article?

New-CsTeamsShiftsPolicy (MicrosoftTeamsPowerShell) | Microsoft Docs

The powershell command would look something like this

New-CsTeamsShiftsPolicy -Identity OffShiftAccessMessage1Always -EnableShiftPresence $true -ShiftNoticeFrequency always -ShiftNoticeMessageType CustomMessage -ShiftNoticeMessageCustom This is my custom message -AccessType UnrestrictedAccess_TeamsApp -AccessGracePeriodMinutes 5

Note with custom message -ShiftNoticeMessageType is CustomMessage

Also note that you have to add another cmd called -ShiftNoticeMessageCustom with your message

If that doesn't work, and you are not seeing it, then I would raise a ticket to Microsoft to look into why it isn't applying. Once resolved, they should need to update the docs article

Hope that helps to answer your question 

Best, Chris

View solution in original post