SOLVED

Teams Screen Sharing Disabled

Copper Contributor

We are having multiple users reporting that they are not able to do Screen Sharing when they initiate the call the button is greyed out and says "Screensharing is disabled".

Scenarios where it works:

If Someone else initiates the call then the user who had issues in this case the receiver of the call, can share screen.

They can initiate a screen share then unmute, works.

Device OS: Windows 10 20H2 Enterprise

Seems to be random but started between Friday and today..

32 Replies
Can confirm it worked for many other users already.. and I agree :) As a tech I tried so many other things than just signing out haha.
It's worked for me, as well, but what a stupid, non-intuitive fix to what is obviously a bone-headed version release by Microsoft.
100% agree on this!
This did not work for me. I've been checking this post daily hoping for a solution and was very happy to see yours + the positive outcome of mattsed and MarkNPI. No happy ending for me, will keep checking.

Try signing out of the application, then signing in with someone else's account and the signing back into the affected account.

@Wilfrano 

still no luck for me.. tried wiping it off again and nothing.. Microsoft has not been of great help either.

We got a Service Health notification from Microsoft - the issue is apparently fixed now.

Yeah.. todays update fixed it.

Just to clarify - was this a server-side update by MS, or a client update?

Yep seems to be fixed.. and my MS support rep still debating that we are doing something wrong :)
Yeah, the same curious. Any client update needed?
Since the previous re-login workaround solve the issue, do I need a software update ?
I can confirm. It is working again under Ubuntu 22.04 with X11/X.org display server. Nothing changed from our side. Same client version. Seems to be that it was an issue on server-side.
its possible when the "screen sharing mode" is disabled via custom meeting policy for a specific users in your tenant those same users will be able to share their screen if the invite came from a different tenant and they were joining as guests simply because that tenant doesn't have restrictions on screen sharing.

Regards,
Will