SOLVED

Teams Rooms external calls

Copper Contributor

I am beginning to look at teams rooms hardware for my conference rooms and I have a couple of use cases that i cannot seem to find an answer for.

1. If I want to call someone on another teams tenant is the only way via a scheduled meeting or can i dial them directly from the room?

2. If i want to dial a 3rd party SIP address I would need CVI, right?

thanks

4 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

1. You could click on New meeting and create a meeting from the MTR device and then invite them to the meeting. 

2. CVI is for allowing other conference systems (like Cisco, etc) to join Teams meeting. So if you create a Teams meeting users with traditional video systems will be able to join that meeting via CVI. There is an update rolling out to MTR that will allow you to join Cisco and Zoom meetings from the MTR device.

Thanks @Linus Cansby so if i understand this correctly.

1.  for a user in another tenant, I would have to create a teams meeting, direct dialing is not possible?

2.  I saw an update (4.5.35.0) for Teams today, I have not dug into how that looks yet but assuming this is what you were referring to.

thanks

Do you know when the zoom/Webex feature is being released.

@Fishy2095 

1. Yes, you have to create a meeting first. Press one button and you are in a new ad-hoc meeting so it is the same as if you would press a "new call" button.

2. @Mark Taranto This update will be released soon. Staging ring will see the update end of the day (-8 GMT ) July 22nd, 2020, General ring July 29th, and Executive August 5th.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/rooms/rooms-release-note#45350-07232020

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

1. You could click on New meeting and create a meeting from the MTR device and then invite them to the meeting. 

2. CVI is for allowing other conference systems (like Cisco, etc) to join Teams meeting. So if you create a Teams meeting users with traditional video systems will be able to join that meeting via CVI. There is an update rolling out to MTR that will allow you to join Cisco and Zoom meetings from the MTR device.

View solution in original post