Teams Rooms device causing laptop in proximity to power off

Copper Contributor

We have a Logitech Meetup/Tap Teams meeting room. User has been having apparently random blackscreens where the device loses power. It was realized  that it's being caused by when he is in proximity to the MTR device - as soon as the call/conference went active the device blackscreened. This is 100% repeatable. On a slightly less consistent basis, it powers off even before the meeting starts - but when still near to the MTR.  I assumed at first this was due to the proximity feature of the MTR, but now I'm not sure. 

Things I've tried

• Turning Bluetooth off on the laptop (Dell Latitude 5420)
  • Turning airplane mode on
  • Turning off bluetooth beaconing on the Tap
  • Going to a different MTR (this happens in both Meeting + tap and Rally + tap rooms

Switching to another Dell 5420 I have with a slightly later motherboard revision (v2), this does not happen. Obviously I can RMA the 5420 this happens to, but it begs the questions, will this happen to another laptop in our fleet?  Is the MTR emitting something else and interacting with the computer?

2 Replies
It sounds like a driver problem.
But I'm confused as to your troubleshooting.
If Bluetooth is off, then there is no knowledge of proximity to a meeting room.
If airplane mode is on, then there is no network connectivity to start a call, unless Ethernet is plugged in.
Update all of the drivers and the BIOS and see what happens.
"But I'm confused as to your troubleshooting.
If Bluetooth is off, then there is no knowledge of proximity to a meeting room.
If airplane mode is on, then there is no network connectivity to start a call, unless Ethernet is plugged in."

That's what I thought - if I turn off Bluetooth beaconing on the MTR, and turn off Bluetooth and/or airplane mode on laptop - what could possibly be interacting between the MTR and the laptop to cause this? But it's 100% repeatable. To clarify, I'm not starting a call between the MRT and the affected laptop - I'm starting a call between the MTR and a completely independent phone/computer. This (or on a slightly less repeatable basis) the affected laptop just being in the room with the MTR, causes it to instantly power off. I'll check the drivers