SOLVED

Teams Rooms device can not show zoom screen suddenly

Brass Contributor

We use a Teams Rooms Device(Lenovo) and connect zoom meeting.

However suddenly can not show zoom screen. We can use voice and speaker

but can not use display.

We were able to connect Zoom via Teams Rooms device yesterday but now 

no shown zoom screen as the following.

Today(no shown zoom screen)

IMG_0100.jpg

Yesterday(can show zoom screen)

TeamsZoom利用中.jpg

I checked Teams Rooms device update but it is no update.

Anybody has any idea for root of cause ?

23 Replies
We are also running into this. We have 20 conference rooms doing the same thing. Polycom was less than helpful, I have a ticket in with Zoom right now to see if they have any guidance.

@root101jp 

Same issue here, we are using a Lenovo Thinksmart with Teams - but the zoom is now just showing a grey screen.

best response confirmed by root101jp (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@root101jp 

The issue seems to be resolved. Working with Zoom last night they associated this outage with the issue. https://status.zoom.us/incidents/5grgqsmkc822. Testing this morning shows that the link they disabled has fixed our issue. 

@wamps98 

Thank you for the zoom status information. I will try it again.

@AustinRiggs 

I am relieved to hear that you have same issue. :)

I checked our environment with Lenovo Teams Rooms device again. It works.
The cause of problem was for Zoom issue temporary.
Thanks

@root101jp 

We're having this issue starting today on our Teams Meeting Room Devices. Is anyone else experiencing this too?

@samholloway 

Yes, we experience this problem today.

Uhm.... Our Lenovo Teams device also has same problem again.
How do we ask to whom ? Is this Zoom system problem ???

@root101jp 

I checked Zoom service status, https://status.zoom.us/
There are no Teams connector status although Cisco and Polycom are listed.

root101jp_0-1625537668323.png

@root101jp our company had the same issue displaying the zoom meeting as you. Did you find it was resolved? 

@cjinx123456 

Does not seem to be resolved no...

Same issue here, East Coast of USA...
Have you seen this issue again?
This is is still not working for us. Anyone know if the issue was actually resolved or what the fix might be?
Yes, this issue has come back, and Zoom are working on a fix. Seems they keep breaking their Web Join experience. It's nothing to do with the MTR software.
Ah that makes sense, its back up and running for us in the UK now. :)
(fr)Agile development at its best. Seems suspicious its happened the first week of the month, two months in a row.
Good thing it happened during a demo of the MTR...

@TKWITS This was an issue acknowledged by Zoom and should now be resolved (by them).  It was not MTR specific. The MTR Zoom join (ie. DGJ, Direct Guest Join) is in most ways identical to a Zoom join in a browser on a PC, so will experience the same issues, if any. 

@Ilya Bukshteyn, I understand this was a Zoom issue. My comment was about Zooms development, not Teams. None of this information helps that the issue occurred during a live demo for a client. Shame on me for expressing my feelings.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by root101jp (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@root101jp 

The issue seems to be resolved. Working with Zoom last night they associated this outage with the issue. https://status.zoom.us/incidents/5grgqsmkc822. Testing this morning shows that the link they disabled has fixed our issue. 

View solution in original post