Teams Rooms console, Windows version

Iron Contributor

Hello guys,

I read this : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/room-systems/console

to configure a Teams console but honestly, it is really hard.

I have not a Windows Enterprise version or Enterprise IOT, that is the main problem.

In the company there are only 100 employees, and i have Windows Pro. There is no reason for me to buy a Volume license. And additional the Enterprise IOT, where can i get this?
Is there any other way to build a Teams Rooms console? Is not really small-business-friendly.

Cheers.

6 Replies
You can buy a default package from the vendors like Poly/Yealink with all the software already installed. You will only need to configure your network and account that will logon.

for example:
https://www.yealink.com/products_list_32.html#filter2

But I need something, which is working with a conference camera , bacis models from Yealink are normal phones with basic one2one camera.

Any recommendations?

I know this site.

What i want is more something like this: Yealink CP960 with a camera.

I read something about Polycom as well, but the feedback on different websites, also on amazon is really unpleasant.

Best

I would install Teams Room Console on a NUC.

But where can I get a Windows 10 IOT Image to do this?
Then i would connect the NUC with Logitech TAP and i would be happy.

My challenge is currently to find a Windows 10 IOT Image.

I tried this with Logitech Smartdock and Surface. It took more than 2 days. The demo version didn't help. Changing the script didn't help. I bought online somewhere and get an image that was too old. I need a clean solution. So I would buy neither Windows 10 IOT instead of a volume license to get Windows Enterprise.

@salihzett Teams Rooms is not a typical PC/Server. It is a custom-built environment with certified hardware and specific software requirements.

Even if you found the correct version of Windows as per the requirements, the Teams Rooms app will not start until it sees certified hardware. So no matter what, you must purchase an approved, certified hardware solution.

The ability to make your own image is only intended for large corporations that have to customize the image on certified hardware. It is definitely not a roll-your-own, ad-hoc solution.