Teams Rooms Admin Center issue

Copper Contributor

Good morning - 

In Admin Center for our Teams Rooms, we go to Devices -> Teams Rooms to monitor health and remotely restart our Logitech Tap setups.  Two of the conference rooms have shown "Critical" since May 28th (both that same day) with the Echo Speakers for each one showing Disconnected.

Both are connected and operational, but having them show offline or disconnected makes it impossible to tell when there are actual issues with the system.  Is there some sort of update we need to do to clear this?   

FYI our other rooms are showing Healthy as expected.

3 Replies
Ive seen this happen many times not just with MTRs, but also Teams phones where the data from them is not always accurately displayed in the TAC. I would suggest deleting the devices from the TAC and then factory-resetting the MTR app (Not the device). See if this resolves once they re-appear.

@Eric Marsi Hello Eric, i have the same issue: the MTRs shows critical status, because the TV auto power off and the MTR has no connection to camera or speaker. in this case it's not a critical status, it's a warning or a notice. can i change somewhere something, that this situation didn't marked as critical? when i change the peripheral category for camera or speaker to no impact, the MTRs shows critical just the same.

thank you for your advice.

Sometimes this happens after a driver update or firmware update to the speaker. It changes just enough that the Teams Room App sees the device as different from the one that was previously set as Default. Go into the Teams Room settings. Likely the device will be shown as the speaker/mic the room is using but it will still have the warning under it that says "Your previously connected device is no longer available" or something like that. Just reselect the devices you're already using and select "Save and Exit". Should sort things out.