Teams Room System on Surface Pro 2017 OS keeps crashing

Copper Contributor

We originally purchased a Logitech large room system in March of last year to test out the then Skype Room System for our organization.  I've left it running in my cube and used it here and there for testing purposes.  Every time I've felt good enough about it to get ready to deploy it, I walk into my cube first thing in the morning and the unit is powered off.  Powering it up, I'm met with the "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC" screen.  This usually turns into a complete reinstall with the Teams Room system recovery USB.  I've probably done this around 8 or 9 times in the past year. 

This last time that I had to reload the OS and Teams app, I ran automatic updates and left it plugged in to the network for a couple of days for all system updates to download and install.  Then I just unplugged the unit from the network and let it run.  It was up for about a month and a half and then this morning I walked in and the unit was powered off.  Now I'm at the same "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC".  This unit hasn't been used at all since I last reloaded it and it wasn't connected to the network to get updates, yet the OS still has managed to corrupt itself.  I can't help but feel like it has something to do with the maintenance processes that run in the middle of the night.  I know that once you install the Teams Room System application that it creates some scheduled tasks that run during the off hours.

I've already had to get a new Smartdock from Logitech because the motion sensor went bad.  I also had these crashes with the first Smartdock so I don't feel like the dock is the issue.

It's really a shame since this is a very nice system and I'm being pressured to get it deployed, but I can't put something out that's this unstable.

3 Replies
I don’t know but it really feels like you have a hardware issue! have you tried reaching out to where you bought it from? is there warranty left? I would guess it’s something about bad storage

@adam deltinger 

The odd thing is that it runs for over a month before it has issues.  You would think if it was bad hardware I would be seeing it much quicker.

I don’t know but if there’s updates running maybe these triggers this