Teams Room Default Front Row Experience failure

Copper Contributor

Has anyone experienced your default front row setting no longer working?  This problem appeared to start after the latest release of v 4.13.132 and the latest web update to the Teams app.  I have around 40 devices that were set as FoR default enabled.  The show up in TAC with the setting bit for default and when I manually try to push the setting via SkypeSettings.xml

<SkypeSettings>

<FrontRowEnabled>true</FrontRowEnabled>

<DefaultFoRExperience>1</DefaultFoRExperience>

</SkypeSettings>

placed in the: C:\Users\Skype\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.SkypeRoomSystem_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState

Folder, it still will not start that option on meeting join.

3 Replies

@ChipRoebuck 

Since the community has not yet responded to your post, you might want to seek assistance with other resources that are staffed by authorized Microsoft agents:

• Ask your IT manager to open a support case or call Microsoft using the support line you were given.  Other options for business subscription admins are listed here:

Get support | Microsoft Docs

https://support.serviceshub.microsoft.com/supportforbusiness/create

Thanks Therese, I've had a Sev B ticket open before I originally posted this. I appreciate you sharing your input. I was trying to gather information from others who might have experienced this same issue. Apparently this problem is only in my tenant.
I just got off a support call with Microsoft regarding this issue. There is a known bug for the latest release for MTR systems where the Default Front Row setting on previous releases of the Teams App fails to default to Front Row with the latest release of the app. Modifying the setting in the TAC/Meeting Settings or by manually changing the XML file for this option will not correct the issue. There is no work-around and the bug will be addressed in a later release of the App coming sometime later this year or early 2023. Please note I am within a GCC tenant and don't know if this applies to commercial tenants.