Teams Room Console (MTR) - no update. Need Zoom and Webex feature

Iron Contributor

I have a MTR device from HP and the version 4.2.42.0 which was coming after the first setup from this device last month.

I tried the function for Zoom and Webex, but I got the message on my MTR , when I click on a Zoom or Webex Meeting "This isn't a Teams or Skype meeting, Ask the organiser to make this a Team or Skype".
So I checked the release page and saw there is a new version since end of march. 

We have end of april but my Windows 10 IoT doesnt show me any updates and I have still 4.2.42.0

And of course, there is no way to download the MTR exe to update this, or check for updates or something, isnt it?

Maybe this is not depening why Zoom and Webex is not available but why I cant update MTR and why it Zoom and Webex not working then?

Best

4 Replies

Hi @salihzett 

You will be able to join Webex and Zoom meetings from Zoom, but that feature is not released yet. I've not seen a ETA for it, so I don't know when it will be released.

Updates for MTR are installed via Microsoft Store. You can force updates, check here

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/rooms/rooms-operations#software-updates

@Linus Cansby 

I saw this on the blog from Ilya as well after I posted this :)

Thx about the hint with the update with PS.

The info on the page: 
The deployment kit release lags behind the store release, so it might not always match the latest available build.

Not always is pretty good, look at my result:
Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF3, Package failed updates, dependency or conflict validation.
Windows cannot update package Microsoft.SkypeRoomSystem_4.0.85.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because the previous version is not installed. Install package
Microsoft.SkypeRoomSystem_4.0.85.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe instead of updating it.

And the version I downloaded is still SRSDeploymentKit-4.3.42.0

The Webex and Zoom functionality should be available shortly. It has started the testing phase now, at least for Webex. The latest release is now 4.4.41.0 and the MSI package has been updated to reflect. To update the system manually via PowerShell, I have a guide here https://www.graham-walsh.com/manual-update-of-the-microsoft-teams-room-system-app/ It is recommended to let the Microsoft Store to keep the system up to date.

Hey @Graham Walsh , thanks for your message.

I am still waiting for this feature, and thanks for your blog, I have also documented the manually update function on my github, Of course not as cool as in your blog. :smile:

After this is released, I will update it as soon as possible. The last update was taking too long, so i did it manually.