Teams room booking not showing Conference dial in info

Copper Contributor

I've got a new teams device (Lenovo Smart Hub 500) - Seems great and I have almost everything working, but people booking the room are not getting the dial info for audio conference.

1. Room can take meetings

2. Outlook bookings (when you use the rooms button) works great.

3. PSTN calling out / in Works fine.

4. If I log in to the room account directly and book a meeting, Audi conference info is included

So How do users just booking a room for a meeting get the dial in info?

3 Replies

If you invite a room to a meeting the user that schedules the meeting have to have Audio Conferencing license, since that user is the organizer.

If you from a room Select the "Meet now" and invite a user, that user should be able to see the DialIn-information in Teams, after that they joined the meeting in their Teams client. Since "Meet now" calls the user you select to invite and don't send a scheduled meeting, they have to answer the call form the room.

f5c6f004-c777-4ebf-b7e5-ff15f3f29f65.png

When in the meeting in Teams select "Show meeting details".

MeetingDetails.png

@Linus Cansby 

"If you invite a room to a meeting the user that schedules the meeting have to have Audio Conferencing license, since that user is the organizer."

Well that is just the dumbest thing ever.   Since like a perfect MS answer...

So lets have a resource that you can schedule - but you can't use it unless you are also have the same license.  Then why have a meeting room?

I have a ticket logged with MS, I'll see if they come back the same.

BTW what system do you have? when I hit the ... I don't get anywhere close to that many options.

Why we have meeting rooms? The meeting room is used to gather many people in the same room so that they can participate in the same Teams meeting from the same room. The meeting is most of the times scheduled by an organiser a long time before the meeting start.

I guess this uservoice is what you want, vote for it and get more people to vote for it and Microsoft might consider it.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/37403275-teams-meetings-in-mic...

Note that you don't need the Audio Conferencing license to schedule Teams meetings, that is only for users that want to host a meeting that someone should be able to call into using an traditional PSTN line.

That picture were from the Teams client, so from the MTR you invite a user, that user can from their Teams client get the meeting information (with the dial-in information).