Teams reverting to old version on MacOS

Copper Contributor

There is an old discussion on this topic, but the solutions there do not help solve my issue.

Almost every morning Teams will have quit itself and when I re-open it an old version has been re-installed. I have no idea where it is coming from, but I have constantly removed all references to Teams that I can find.

The version it keeps reverting to is 1.2.00.6957. I have installed both 1.3.00.33671 and 1.4.00.4971 and the reversion still happens.

I ran `sudo find / -type d -name "*Teams*" -print 2>/dev/null` from Terminal to search for all references to MS Teams on my machine and ended up removing the following directories:

rm -rf /Applications/Microsoft Teams.app
rm -rf ~/Library/Application Support/Teams
rm -rf ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams 
rm -rf /private/var/folders/qn/8x0qv4616tx8p28q08rl2jhm0000gp/T/Teams
rm -rf /private/var/folders/qn/8x0qv4616tx8p28q08rl2jhm0000gp/T/Microsoft\ Teams\ Helper
rm -rf /private/var/folders/qn/8x0qv4616tx8p28q08rl2jhm0000gp/T/Microsoft\ Teams\ Helper\ \(Renderer\) 
rm -rf ~/Library/Logs/Microsoft Teams
rm -rf ~/Library/Logs/Microsoft Teams\ Helper
rm -rf ~/Library/Logs/Microsoft Teams\ Helper\ \(Renderer\)

The next morning it had reverted back to version 1.2.00.6957. This pattern continues every day and every day I have to re-install MS Teams. At this point it seems to be acting like spyware. Please help.

0 Replies