SOLVED

Teams Profiles Pictures - Can't Change

Iron Contributor

Last year our users were able to add a Team's profile picture to their Teams. Now that its a start of new year I'm getting calls from users asking why they're being prevented from adding a photo to their Teams profile. 

I looked through MS Teams Admin Center and found nothing that would cause this behavior.

Looking for information to allow users the ability to add image for their newly created Team/s.

Thank You,

-Larry

9 Replies

Hi @Larry Jones ,

They did change it up.  If you go to Manage Team.  Click on the Team's icon and you can upload or delete a picture.

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

best response confirmed by Larry Jones (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Hi Larry,

If this is an EDU tenant there is a known issue with changing team avatars that is expected to be fixed in the next couple of days.

\Magnus

@Magnus Sandtorv  Yes, my tenant is an EDU.

Thank You,

Larry

Still cannot change Team picture/avatar on our EDU tenant. Anyone else still having this issue?

@Magnus Sandtorv 

Hey Magnus, 

Do you know if there still an issue with adding images to Teams? I have several users asking me when it might get resolved.

Thank You,

-Larry

clipboard_image_1.png

@Magnus Sandtorv We are also experiencing this - is there a fix?

Our work around for now is to add a period to the end of the team name then choose or upload a new team profile photo/avatar. Save those changes. Then remove the period.

@Nicolette Olson  Worked Perfect!!!!!! Thank You.

Be nice if the would fix the overall issue......

This is still an issue, just been talking to support who suggested the add a period for the team name but for me it didn't make any difference. I have tried in the desktop app for Mac OS, the webb app in Chrome for Mac OS and the webb app in MS Edge for Windows. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Larry Jones (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Hi Larry,

If this is an EDU tenant there is a known issue with changing team avatars that is expected to be fixed in the next couple of days.

\Magnus

View solution in original post