Teams Private Channels admin center add users

Iron Contributor

Hey everyone!  We had something go wrong with one of our Teams in our tenant...the owners were removed then had to be re-added.  However, I can not add the owner back to the private channels within the Teams admin site- it gives me an error message even though there is an option to add members.  I am using a GA account and also tried making myself an owner of the team as well.  Does anyone have a similar experience or a workaround?  Thanks so much!  I would like to grant access back to these private channels.

5 Replies

Hi @Ethan Stern ,

Did adding yourself as an owner also give the error message - what was the message if there was one. 

@Andrew Hodges hey there, it just says "we can't add the user" screen shot attached.  Is there anything else we can do to add people back to this private channel?

@Andrew Hodges Thanks!  It turns out it just took a while to propagate, looks like when I deleted and re-added the owner that also assigned the owner back to the private team- although it did not show up in the admin center it did show up for the owner eventually on their teams app.

Hi @Ethan Stern ,

Great, I have also seem some weird propagation issues a couple of weeks ago, taking over night to update me as a Team Owner from  a member. Very strange.