Teams Powerpoint Preview Problem on macOS Catalina

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I upgraded to macOS Catalina and am having problems previewing Powerpoint content inside of Teams. When I clock to view content it starts the initial load (spinning circle) then flashes the content for just a second then the screen preview screen pane goes black. I am able to click "EDIT" and the edit function inside of Teams correctly renders the content and I am able to edit inside of Teams.  I tried the preview w/Excel as well and it works fine, problem seems to be constrained to Powerpoint only. 

Anyone else having the problem?  Any solution in site? 

Running: 

27 Replies

@Rafael_Bernardinelli Thanks! This workaround fixed the problem!

@RuudAmsta 

I am using the dutch version too and I just checked my version. It now says "U beschikt over Microsoft Teams-versie 1.2.00.28258. Laatst bijgewerkt op 18-10-19."

So I have version 1.2.00.28258 now and it seems to have solved the problem with opening files within the teams app itself. They now show contents again instead of a black screen.
The workaround works until I close Microsoft Teams (Command-Q). After that I have to delete /Application Support/Microsoft/Teams again before I can preview PDF's, PPTX an DOCX files.

@RuudAmsta That is pretty strange. I myself did not use any workaround. Last week opening the files in preview did not work and it gave me black screen. This week (yesterday) I checked the version and I saw that my teams app was updated on the 18th of October. And since that update (or at least since yesterday) opening the files in teams itself works again. So it must haven been the update that changed it, because I did not do anything to create a workaround.

@jdr2019 I just downloaded Teams via this link: https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads and I got the latest version, and the black screens while previewing are gone! 

@ChrisM1983 Thanks, that worked for me too!

Yes - My Teams was updated today... now I have latest too.

@Rafael_Bernardinelli Glad to see it's finally rolling out to everyone.