SOLVED

Teams Policy Audit Logs

Iron Contributor

We recently had a change to one of our Team Policy and I need to find the person who made that change. 

I looked through Audit Log Search within Office 365 Security and Compliance, and found no options the would identified any changes  to Teams policies or the person who made those changes.

Is there another interface or PowerShell that will allow me to pull audit log to all changes to Team Policies?

Thank You,

-Larry 

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Larry Jones (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hello, these are all the searchable Teams activities, perhaps you've already been there but adding anyway. Just browsed through but didn't see any related to specific policies only to some settings that can be controlled with policies.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/audit-log-events#teams-activities

Adding this from the below post: 

Cloud App Security --> Activity Log --> Activity Type: TeamsAdminAction

Although the article didn't directly point the direction; however, it did lead me to Cloud App Security --> Activity Log --> Activity Type: TeamsAdminAction

Here is was able to find the users who made the change Team's Meeting Policy.

Thank You,

-Larry
That's awesome Larry, my pleasure. Just went back and read more thoroughly. Thanks for adding this to the conversation as I probably would't have returned to that page (not today at least).
Hi Larry, can you help me out with this? I'm having a really hard time finding the activity log. How did you end up finding the message policy auditing capability?

@Larry Jones @ChristianBergstrom 

There is no activity for Teams at all for me, do you have to enable teams policy auditing prior? we have the Cloud Apps license and I see options but nothing for teams.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Larry Jones (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hello, these are all the searchable Teams activities, perhaps you've already been there but adding anyway. Just browsed through but didn't see any related to specific policies only to some settings that can be controlled with policies.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/audit-log-events#teams-activities

Adding this from the below post: 

Cloud App Security --> Activity Log --> Activity Type: TeamsAdminAction

View solution in original post