Teams pixelated border around the webcam

Copper Contributor

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this community, but I hope you guys can help me. I have a laptop that is acting weird when using the Teams Desktop Application. The issue is that my webcam seems to have this pixelated border. I will add some pictures for reference.  The issue can occur when going into a call either in a 1on1 or meeting. 

ec8e7f9a-14a6-4946-8638-9add274a4be2.png

3eda71ed-2ecc-4187-b0c8-afa912e9866e.png

I have tried re-installing Teams and deleting the Teams folder in %appdata%/%temp% as well. Using the web application doesn't seem to have this issue but I would like to use the desktop application. Using other applications that use the webcam doesn't seem to have this problem either.

FYI, the model of the laptop is a Dell Precision 3561.

Do you guys have any suggestions on what I can do? Thanks!

2 Replies

@Njin very hard to tell what you are showing from the pictures. Is this a problem from the webcam that remote people see? Or is it just any video feeds you are receiving from remote people?

@Steven Collier I apologize for the lack of clarification. The pictures that are shown is my own video feed (as in when I turn on my webcam when in a call). Remote people do not see this issue, it seems to be only on my end. I don't see this issue on other people's video feeds either.