Teams Phone System- Direct Routing of Main Number

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Teams Direct Routing Integration Question. 

I am trying to figure out how to make Teams call a dialed number vs. an end user that matches to said dialed number in AD.  We have multiple AD accounts that match a specific direct routing DID, so whenever we try to dial that DID (and we want to make that call use our direct routing SBC/PSTN integration) from Teams, it defaults to dialing the AD end user it matches to rather than the DID itself.

Example Call Flow- Teams dial pad- enter DID +1 212 555 1212, this DID matches to AD account user John Doe, click dial and call routes to John Doe rather than dialing the entered DID number and using the direct routing integration.

Is there a way to force this call to use a direct routing integration rather than calling the AD match Teams user?  I've tried adding a Voice route for the DID as well as Normalization rules in our Teams dial plan, but that hasn't worked.  

2 Replies
Hi,
If a phone number is assigned to a Teams user, it will be a Teams call and not a PSTN call, that is by design. Since Teams know that the DID is internal number it will not route the call to your SBC.
Hi, Thanks for the reply. So the number is not assigned to the end user in Teams, it is listed on their AD account as a default if they do not populate their DID. Essentially it's a place holder number on their AD account. I guess it doesn't matter either way? If a number is listed in the AD account, Teams will find it and route to it no matter what? Odd design choice.