Teams Performance

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am hoping that someone here can assist, i have a question about Microsoft Teams and performance, which seems to be a gray area, I have a Teams environment that currently has just under 1000 teams. Will there be any performance degredation on a computer that a user could experience if they was a member of all of those teams or even would the overall environment for the company start to slow down. the end user environment is they use the Teams app locally installed on the computers.

They do not utilise the web interface.

1 Reply

Being an electron-based app, Teams is hardly optimized, performance wise. There are multiple threads on the different communities, describing various issues you might run into, and with such number of teams, it's almost guaranteed that you will run into them, and more. Of course it depends on the hardware as well as additional software running on that machine, but it's not uncommon for Teams to pass the 1GB RAM usage even when sitting idle in the tray, with an account that a member of just a dozen or so teams.