Teams - Open in Desktop - Button Update

Copper Contributor

Did a recent update alter the user interface when viewing/editing documents in Teams such that there is now an 'Open in Desktop App' button in the document ribbon in lieu of the normal option to do that action by clicking the ellipses in the upper-right of the interface?  This is frustrating our end-users and I am having difficulty finding release notes to confirm this was a change or finding release notes in general for Teams.  Our version is: You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.4461 (64-bit). It was last updated on 3/24/20.

2 Replies

Hi @Orz31 

Yes for some version of the Microsoft Teams Application the Feature was disabled. We have a New Version of Microsoft Teams Application which was released which has the feature back. Can you check if you have the latest version of the Microsoft Teams Application and see if you are still missing the feature option.

With Regards

Satish U

@RealTime_M365 

Thank you for the response. When in the app it indicates the following version:  'You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.4461 (64-bit). It was last updated on 3/24/20.'

I am unsure what the Teams Machine-Wide Installer is in the uninstall or change a program portion of control panel but there are 2 of those with the following versions:  1.2.0.32462 and 1.1.0.31860

Regarding your suggestion, when I use the Teams app and 'check for updates' it responds that I am on the most current version.

When I do a web search for Microsoft Teams Version history or release history, it seems Microsoft may not publish this information.  Being as such, how do I know what version we should or could be on? 

Thanks,