SOLVED

Teams OOF put to voicemail

Copper Contributor
HI,
Is it already possible when I'm OOF that my Teams phone systems is automatically set to route the incoming calls to my voicemail?
If not is there a workaround?
13 Replies
Hi Thérèse,
Thank you for the information. I'll take look.
best response confirmed by patrickSw (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

You have to configure your Teams settings to forward unanswered calls to Voicemail and then you can have a separate greeting when you have an Outlook auto reply active. 

https://www.lync.se/2019/10/configure-your-cloud-voicemail-in-teams/

You can't have calls forwarded direct to voicemail automatic when you have an OOF active, it will first ring x seconds and then calls will be connected to voicemail.

Hi, thank you for this information!
Hi Linus,
Something else.
When a user is a member of a call group, he receives notifications of missed calls but doesn't know if their or his personal missed calls or the one the call group whrre he is a member.
Can he deactivate this missed calls notifications of the call group where he is a member of?

@patrickSw Users should not see notifications about missed calls to Call Queues. Is it in the activity feed you see them?

@Linus Cansby 

Hi Linus,

The call sharing and group call pickup features of Microsoft Teams let users share their incoming calls with colleagues so that the colleagues can answer calls that occur while the user is unavailable, but in the settings of notification by a user I see you can set audio&video notification, just audio or banner but I can't find a possibility to select "nothing".

So yes, these people are receiving missed calls from the person who has put them in his call sharing group in their activity feed as a missed call but their is no indication that this call initially was coming from an other colleague who shared his calls, and this is confusing whether or not to call back.

regards,

Patrick

Hi Linus,
I double checked and the missed calls are mentioned in "all users" activity feed but also in their call history as missed calls. So in the user's A activity feed and call history, who installed a call sharing group with user A and B, so also B and C are seeing in their activity feed and call history the missed calls from A, but only with the external caller's CLI so they don't know if the call was a personal one or from A.
regards,
Patrick

@patrickSw Aha, the Group pickup calls, yes those are shown. There is an uservoice request to show these calls different in the call history, currently in backlog:

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/36734686-show-if-call-forwarde...

Great.
Many thanks for your quick and accurate feedback!
Much appreciated.
regards,
Patrick

@Linus Cansby

I did some tests and the OOF notification and voicemail are working after the timer I've set.

But still my application is ringing during this timer settings.

So it's disturbing on vacation that my smartphone's still receiving calls for a few seconds before the OOF is activated.

Isn't there a setting to avoid this?

Regards,

Patrick

Hi Linus,
I did some tests and the OOF notification and voicemail are working after the timer I've set.

But still my application is ringing during this timer settings.

So it's disturbing on vacation that my smartphone's still receiving calls for a few seconds before the OOF is activated.

Isn't there a setting to avoid this?

@patrickSw I think that the only way is to set your status as Do Not Disturb. But you will still get a missed call notification.

There is also a request that calls should follow the quiet hours in Teams app, but that is not implemented yet but please vote.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/37262914-make-quiet-hours-bloc...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by patrickSw (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

You have to configure your Teams settings to forward unanswered calls to Voicemail and then you can have a separate greeting when you have an Outlook auto reply active. 

https://www.lync.se/2019/10/configure-your-cloud-voicemail-in-teams/

You can't have calls forwarded direct to voicemail automatic when you have an OOF active, it will first ring x seconds and then calls will be connected to voicemail.

View solution in original post