Teams of Macbook, cannot share excel workbook on screen sharing

Copper Contributor

I have tried to share my screen during a meeting and I could not locate an open workbook, tried to move the file to desktop but still the excel workbook will not appear in when I select share screen, I see word, powerpoint but just not excel. Using office 365, Macbook, Catalina, Privacy allowed on screen recording. 

31 Replies

@Paul_M_L using an older version could be a solution but people would miss fixes. MS needs to fix this for us. 

@Steven Collier Could you please tell me the process of doing it? I have trouble sharing the Excel window to demonstrate calculations 

@mangov Hi, I had the same problem. It will occasionally show the Excel files opened locally.  So this is what I did; Upload the file to Onedrive and open the file from there. Use Screenshare, Chrome tab, and select your file from there. 

@mangov I have exactly the same problem, same computer (Apple MacBook Pro), same OS, etc, ..... and just cannot share an open Excel workbook.  It is ludicrous that Microsoft hasn't fixed this bug by now.  As a Teams user (Microsft Business 365), I need to be able to share Excel workbooks with my clients and business partners .... this is mission-critical.  I very recently upgraded to Microsft Business 365 and this is a huge disappointment, I feel I have been robbed!!

@franksus Did you try Screenshare, Application window?

I have tried clearing Cache of MS-Teams from my MAC and it worked.

Clear Microsoft Teams cache
=================
1. Quit Microsoft Teams. Right-click the icon and select Quit.
2. Copy and paste the following location in Terminal : ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams
3. Delete the contents of the entire folder.
4. Restart Microsoft Teams and check if this works.

@RoVar4 Thanks - this worked in the sense that it now brings up Excel as a "Window" but not as an application as it does for PPT. Still, one step closer and not from MS support (hilariously) 

Cheers again. I should have thought about that sooner. 

Can't agree with you more!
Possible 99% of TEAMS users have the same problem!

@Steven Collier No, you can't share anything out of a sudden, except powerpoint! Did all the security settings correctly but still not working!!

@Mahdi_Konwhat broke it for me was a fast release candidate of Office.  If you back to to a stable "standard" release should be ok.  I am on 16.41 via App Store.  From time to time if you are using the very latest Teams/Office things will break.