Teams Notification to Email

Copper Contributor

I have an issue where a user has what looks like all correct notification/email settings in Teams. 

Everything is set to Banner and Email

the time variable is set to as soon as possible

I went through the individual notification type settings and they are also on Banner and Email

However the user never gets notifications.

I have test setting them to away for 6 min and testing, did not work.

I have tested while they are gone at night for several hours and the PC is off.

I have also tried overnight, but with the PC on and Teams running.

No notifications get sent to email no matter the circumstance. 

The user's email is working fine as well, so I know they can get emails.

I am running out of things to try to get those notification emails coming in like they want. 

Any advice ? or anything that I missed? 

I have spent a lot of time looking through forum posts, but nothing seems to answer this issue, because it seems like no one has had this issue from what I read.

I figure it has to be a simple option or setting I haven't seen, or its a really unique problem, but I am un sure myself and would really appreciate the assistance and opinions.

5 Replies

It's been a hit and miss experience for me too, best open a support case and report it.

@Marzy23 

Hi, from your description, this seems to relate to notifications on mobile devices as opposed to desktop?  Is this correct please?

There are some links to fixes for issues with Teams on mobile apps in this doc - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/troubleshoot-notifications-for-teams-mobile-apps-6d125ac2... - have you already seen these?

I would imagine this user is using both, but the problems we are facing at the moment are with the Desktop Application. 

@Marzy23 

I see,  I agree with @Vasil Michev  - best option is to open a support case.

I went ahead and filed the case and I am working with support now.

If we come to a resolution, I will make sure to post it here in case anyone else ever comes into these issues or is just curious