SOLVED

Teams not showing new windows in sharing options

Brass Contributor

If I open a new program or new window inside a currently running program, Teams does not recognize this as a sharing option. For instance, if I open a new Word document or PowerPoint while I am in a Teams meeting, it will not give me the option to share these new windows. To get these listed on the window sharing list I have to leave and re-join the meeting. (Doing this fixes the problem every time but is not a good long term solution in professional settings.) 

This problem began last week and persists through a clean install of Teams along with clearing the user cache. 

15 Replies
The same if you close the sharing pane and re open it?

@adam deltinger Yes, closing and reopening the share pane has no effect. 

@amkaestnerI have the same issue, but when I re-open Teams windows of apps become visible. This problem has appeared few days ago. And as I know this problem doesn't touch only me. All my colleagues have the same problems, also colleagues from another companies have same bugs. Maybe it is related with some updates from Windows?

@kzone I tried to re-install Teams, but issue still appear. If I want to share only one application, when meeting have already start it makes dome difficulties, cause I should restart meeting.

The same is happening to me . I need to leave and re-enter to the meeting so the sharing options update the windows. Extremely annoying
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@amkaestner have you tried disable the option new experience for meetings in teams options?

@Deleted Oh, my Godness! Thank you very much! Everything became ok after turning off this option.

@kzone Very good!

Please mark my last message as correct if possible!

Best Regards,

Felipe Santos

Turning off a feature is not a solution, that is a work-around. While it addresses the issue, I should not have to sacrifice other features to get a feature that previously worked to work once again. 

@amkaestner Did you re-open program after that? I also recommend to re-login for that. After that all Teams my co-workers work perfectly.

@kzone Yes. But, as I said, turning off one feature to get a program to work is not a solution, it's a work around. As soon as I turned the new window setting back on the share panel problem came back. I prefer using the new window feature as it makes it much easier to manage being in multiple Teams meetings at the same time. The new window feature did not create this issue previously, so having to sacrifice it for the sake of the share panel working correctly is not ideal. 

The same is happening in my tenant as well. Turning off the new experience as a workaround is not an option. Has anyone from Microsoft even acknowledged this as a bug so it will be fixed?

The same is happening to me . I need to leave and re-enter to the meeting so the sharing options update the windows. Extremely annoying
Is anyone from Microsoft seeing this? someone from microsoft can give feedback, just to know that you are doing something about this extremely annoying problem.

@amkaestner Do you now if Microsoft has registered an Issue with that topic? We are presenting the same issue, just imagine a large school with teachers blaming because they can't can share as they did 1 month before. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@amkaestner have you tried disable the option new experience for meetings in teams options?

View solution in original post