Teams not opening

Copper Contributor

We have just begun testing Teams and are probably going to start moving towards deploying it.  Several of our systems are having an issue since 10/22 where teams will not open.  Clicking the shortcut seems to do nothing, I do not even see it blink in taskmgr.  For some uninstalling it and reinstalling fixes the issue, but some had to do that a couple times for it to stick.  It happened to me today and I found that the shortcuts point to update.exe.  If I go and launch teams.exe directly it opens fine.  If we were to roll this out to everyone these issues can add up quick.  Is this a known bug with a latest update or something?  This has happened on both Win 7 and 10 systems. 

3 Replies
Hi!
Create a ticket with Microsoft and figure out What is wrong

Different systems, and some works and some don’t , etc make me feel like it’s better just to contact them directly
Not normal. Check and make sure AV isn’t causing issues. But I’ve deployed quite a bit lately and haven’t heard any reports of this.

@Chris WebbI'm actually glad to hear this isn't systemic with Teams.  We did do some basic testing with our AV and it doesn't seem to be the culprit but further testing may be warranted there. 

@adam deltingerI did reach out to our CSP support for this and they looked at some logs but the issue seems to move around so being able to consistently create the issue isn't always possible.  If something is discovered I will update.