SOLVED

Teams not accepting GIPHY Terms and Conditions

Copper Contributor

I have the option to send GIPHY gifs, but every time I click the option, it prompts to Accept or Decline the GIPHY Terms and Conditions. Despite clicking "Accept" several times, I still cannot utilize the GIPHY service as it keeps prompting the Terms and Conditions. This happens in both the desktop and web browser apps, but not the phone app.

Please help!

6 Replies

@bungwhoa 

I have the same issue! 

@Microsoft Tech Team any help on this?

Check your Internet connection: One of the most common reasons for GIFs or images not working in Microsoft Teams is a poor internet connection. Make sure that you have a good connection before proceeding.
Regards,
Rachel Gomez
I am having the same problem, and it sucks.
best response confirmed by bungwhoa (Copper Contributor)
Solution

ok, I fixed it, but I am not sure how, but It's a bug for sure.
here is what I did.
clicked the GIPHY icon and clicked "accept" (did this 3 times in a row)
clicked the GIPHY icon and clicked "no" or "do not accept" (did this once.)
clicked the GIPHY icon and clicked accept (did this 1 time)
clicked the polls icon, and created a 3 question poll, multiple choice. Clicked Preview, but before posting the pole, just canceled it.
clicked the GIPHY icon and clicked "accept" and BANG! the gifs in the chat loaded.
I have doubts, but I hope this works for someone else.

@MassCNCAI literally can't believe this worked. I am using a personal teams account and couldn't send GIFs or view ones that people sent using the GIF button (copying and pasting from a web browser worked fine...). So my issue when trying this was not seeing the polls option at all. Turns out you have to have a group chat to have the option. I created one and followed your steps and bam I have GIFs now.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by bungwhoa (Copper Contributor)
Solution

ok, I fixed it, but I am not sure how, but It's a bug for sure.
here is what I did.
clicked the GIPHY icon and clicked "accept" (did this 3 times in a row)
clicked the GIPHY icon and clicked "no" or "do not accept" (did this once.)
clicked the GIPHY icon and clicked accept (did this 1 time)
clicked the polls icon, and created a 3 question poll, multiple choice. Clicked Preview, but before posting the pole, just canceled it.
clicked the GIPHY icon and clicked "accept" and BANG! the gifs in the chat loaded.
I have doubts, but I hope this works for someone else.

View solution in original post