Teams new file sharing experience

Brass Contributor

Apologies if this is has been explained previously but I'm a little confused by what I see with the deployment of the new file sharing experience. I am only seeing one part of what I was expecting to see.

Firstly, I like the fact that if I paste a link to a file into a private chat or Teams channel it will now allow me to set permissions on the file such that the recipients have the correct access.

However, I was also expecting to be able to go to the files tab in a channel, select a file and "Copy Link" and it would give me options as to what type of link I want (similar to SharePoint and OneDrive).

We have the first item above in our tenancy, but not the second item.

Does anyone know if the second item is coming?

3 Replies
Yes, this should be coming too!

We still don't have it either.

When in the "Files" tab in a channel, there is no share option. The copy link option launches a pop up window with two tabs; each tab containing a link: one microsoft teams link to the file and one sharepoint existing access link to the file.

Shouldn't this copy link option just launch the default sharing experience that launches in sharepoint and onedrive?

@Ozzey We still don’t have it. It’s really odd as everywhere else it seems to be correct - jus the Files tab seems to be missing it

Does anyone else have it working?