SOLVED

Teams needs an update

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone.

Today I used the option update inside Microsoft Teams and later I got a message saying teams needs to restart in order to update.

After I did that, whenever I try to open Teams, I get a message saying "Teams needs an update", leading me to the Teams download page (Download Microsoft Teams Desktop and Mobile Apps | Microsoft Teams).

I've downloaded the latest (at least I thought it was) version from that website, but I end up with the same message after running the Teams_windows_x64.exe file.

I also tryied to directly download the known latest version from Teams (https://statics.teams.cdn.office.net/production-windows-x64/1.4.00.22472/Teams_windows_x64.exe) but I end up in the same spot.

Does anyone knows what is the current version or how to bypass this error message?

Thanks in advance,

David

1 Reply
best response confirmed by DavidFilipeMestre (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Without knowing anything about your environment and installation process it sounds as if your org. might use the Machine-wide installer for Teams. I would simply go to the Control panel and remove all related to Teams (incl. the installer) and then give the re-installation a go. That should do it as a workaround for a successful installation but you should also reach out to your IT unit informing them about the issue.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DavidFilipeMestre (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Without knowing anything about your environment and installation process it sounds as if your org. might use the Machine-wide installer for Teams. I would simply go to the Control panel and remove all related to Teams (incl. the installer) and then give the re-installation a go. That should do it as a workaround for a successful installation but you should also reach out to your IT unit informing them about the issue.

View solution in original post