Teams Navigation History is broken

Copper Contributor

If I am inside a Tab-app in Microsoft Teams and navigate inside it, the functionality of the history has changed, and is not consistent with itself or the web-app (teams.microsoft.com)

Mouse-button 4 (Browser Back) goes 1 step back in the tab-app's navigation history as expected; but does not go further back.

I would expect it to continue to go back in the Teams navigation history.

Mouse-button 5 (Browser Forward) does not do anything.

I would expect it to go 1 step forward in the navigation history inside the tab-app, or in Teams history, if not inside a tab-app

A key bound to the "Back navigation" in Windows goes 1 step back in the Teams navigation history (even though I am deep in a navigation history inside a tab-app).

I would expect it to go 1 step back in the tab-app navigation history and continue in the Teams navigation history, if it has reached the end of the tab-app's history.

A key bound to the "Forward navigation" in Windows goes 1 step forward in the Teams navigation history.

I would expect it to also go 1 step forward in the tab-app navigation history as well, if inside a tab-app, and has entries in the history.

It works exactly as expected in the Teams web-app (teams.microsoft.com)

I would also expect Teams to respect the browsers default alt+arrows to navigate in the navigation history.

You can reproduce this, by adding this example-url as a website-tab to a channel: https://css-tricks.com/examples/State/

0 Replies